Thursday, March 18, 2004
Stranger - 2004
Somewhere on the boundary between where I was
And where I’m going,
You hold my hand.
Your touch is soft but strong.
For a brief moment I think I can genuinely feel it.
And then it wisps away.
The reverie of you keeps me from my journey just a little longer.
Not that I’ll miss you when I go,
For you’re often there at the next destination,
Waiting for me.
You only exist in this dreamy, watery state,
Full of feelings, desires and emotions.
But you’re always out of focus.
And we dance or we talk, sing or walk
Ultimately, we just live.
And we’re together and enchanted,
Til you evaporate into the dawn.
So I’ll wait til darkness again,
And you’ll ride back to me on the waves of slumber.
|
And where I’m going,
You hold my hand.
Your touch is soft but strong.
For a brief moment I think I can genuinely feel it.
And then it wisps away.
The reverie of you keeps me from my journey just a little longer.
Not that I’ll miss you when I go,
For you’re often there at the next destination,
Waiting for me.
You only exist in this dreamy, watery state,
Full of feelings, desires and emotions.
But you’re always out of focus.
And we dance or we talk, sing or walk
Ultimately, we just live.
And we’re together and enchanted,
Til you evaporate into the dawn.
So I’ll wait til darkness again,
And you’ll ride back to me on the waves of slumber.
|